Terms and Conditions
These Terms are an agreement between Amazon Web Services Singapore Private Limited ("Amazon") and SeedPlus Singapore Pte. Ltd. ("SeedPlus"), on the one hand, and you or the entity you represent ("you"), on the other hand. By registering for or participating in this Project Alpha ("Event") co-organised by Amazon and SeedPlus (each, a “Co-Organiser”), you confirm that you have read, understand and agree to these Terms. The Terms may be modified at any time by posting a revised version on the AWS website or at the Event website at alpha.seedplus.com or by providing other notice to you. By participating in the Event, you agree to the latest version of these Terms.
1. Registration. To register for the Event, you must complete the Event registration process and pay all required registration fees (if any) prior to any deadlines described on the registration page for the Event. Event registrations are subject to availability and may close earlier than posted deadlines.
2. Payment. If the registration page for the Event states that registration fees or other fees are required for the Event, payment must be made via credit card at the time you register for the Event. Each Co-Organiser reserves the right to cancel your registration without notice for failure to pay in accordance with these Terms. Neither Co-Organiser is not responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from such cancellation.
3. Cancellation by You. If registration fees or other fees are required for the Event, cancellation instructions and the refund policy will be listed on the registration page for the Event.
4. Event Program and Cancellation by Us. The Event program is subject to change. The Co-Organisers may cancel the Event at any time and may deny, limit or cancel a registration for the Event (including a confirmed registration) at any time. Neither Co-Organiser is responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from such cancellation. If either Co-Organiser cancels the Event or your registration, so long as you are in compliance with these Terms and any refund policy listed on the registration page for the Event, to the extent applicable, such Co-Organiser will issue you a full refund of any Event registration fee that you have paid in accordance with that refund policy. In the event of any cancellation by you or either Co-Organiser, Sections 2–4, 6-7 and 9-10 of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
5. Code of Conduct. You agree to behave in such a way as to create a safe, supportive learning environment while at the Event and any related events. You agree not to engage in disruptive speech or behavior or otherwise interfere with the Event or other individuals’ participation in the Event. You will comply with all applicable laws and agree not to engage in any form of harassing, offensive, discriminatory or threatening speech or behavior, including relating to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability. The Co-Organisers may require participants engaging or threatening to engage in such behavior to leave the Event or related event immediately and, if applicable, such participants will not be eligible to receive a refund of any fees paid to the Co-Organisers related to the Event. If you witness such behavior, please promptly contact a staff member of the Co-Organisers so direct action can be taken.
6. Information About You. Your contact details and other information will be handled in accordance with the information handling practices described in the AWS Privacy Notice (http://aws.amazon.com/privacy/). You consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the information you provide in connection with the Event by the Co-organisers and its affiliates (including overseas affiliates such as Amazon Web Services, Inc. in the USA) in accordance with that Privacy Notice. Those entities will use your contact information to send details and announcements to you related to the Event, and communicate with you about the Co-Organisers’ offers, events or services. You can unsubscribe from promotional emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in those emails. We may also provide your contact information to third-party Event sponsors if (a) you elect to attend any sessions or other activities at the Event hosted by Event sponsors (in which case we would provide your contact information to only the Event sponsor(s) acting as host), or (b) you opt in during registration to receive communications from our third-party Event sponsors.
7. License to Use Items. In consideration of the opportunity to participate in the Event, you grant to the Co-Organisers and its affiliates, agents, employees and assigns an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free right and license throughout the world and in perpetuity to reproduce, edit, publish, distribute or translate, for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes or for any other purpose relating to their business, all or any part of the following items (“Items”): (a) all still photographs and all audio and video recordings that the Co-Organisers or its independent contractors make of you or your voice or likeness in connection with the Event, including the right to use your name, likeness and biographical information, and (b) all materials (electronic or hard copy) submitted or presented by you in connection with the Event, including any materials submitted via social media handles associated with the Event. You consent to the use of the Items pursuant to the foregoing in perpetuity without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from you and waive any moral rights you may have in the Items.
8. Assumption of Risk. You acknowledge and agree that your attendance and participation in the Event is voluntary. You agree to assume the risks associated with attending and participating in the Event to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
9. Release of Claims. To the extent permissible by applicable law, you (for yourself, your heirs, personal representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf) hereby release the Co-Organisers and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that you may have now or in the future associated in any way with the Event or the Items.
10. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL (a) NEITHER CO-ORGANISER SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, COST OF COVER OR OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR RELIANCE DAMAGES OR (b) THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF EITHER CO-ORGANISERFOR ALL OTHER DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT EXCEED $100 USD.